👋🏻 Hi, I’m Chris.
I’m a software engineer.
I believe in
- Ethical, appropriate and sensible application of big data and ML.
- Taking a pragmatic approach to automated testing (test coverage isn’t everything).
- Designing systems that minimise carbon emissions and energy usage during their operational life.
- Being accountable for the products you build.
- Empowering users to achieve their goals, rather than mollycoddling them and making decisions for them.
- Harnessing creative chaos where it’s useful, but limiting it when it’s not.
My super powers include clean systems interface design and domain modelling, particularly for esoteric legacy systems.
I work for Media Molecule, as a Principle DevOps Engineer.
This ‘blog’ catalogues my various personal analyses and opinions of things that I find interesting, or projects I’ve undertaken.