👋🏻 Hi, I’m Chris.
I’m a software engineer and architect.
I believe in
- Ethical, appropriate and sensible application of big data and AI.
- Robust, yet pragmatic automated testing (100% test coverage is worthless if it doesn’t do what it was designed to do!).
- Designing systems that minimise carbon and energy usage during their operational life.
- Being accountable for the products you build.
- Empowering users to achieve their goals, rather than mollycoddling them and making decisions for them.
My super powers include systems interface design and domain modelling, particularly for esoteric legacy systems.
I work for Citymapper in the Cities Engineering team, making cities usable.
This ‘blog’ catalogues my various personal analyses and opinions of things that I find interesting, or projects I’ve undertaken.